- Go to Manage Jobs:
- Click on the add button in the Ping card:
- Enter either a domain or an IP address to be monitored.
If you enter a domain it will be resolved and a separate monitoring job for every DNS entry (A and AAAA) will be created. If, for instance, your domain points to an IPv4 address as well as an IPv6 address 2 jobs will be created, one for each protocol.
IDNs (Internationalized Domain Names) are supported and automatically translated to Punycode before name lookup.
- Optionally you can add a short description helping to identify this monitoring job.
- Adjust the check interval. In the example the host will be pinged every 19 minutes.
- Notifications will be sent as soon as the alert threshold is reached. This threshold is related to the last 10 checks. If you want to receive notifications if 2 or more of the last 10 checks have failed you have to set this value to 20%:
- Adjust the timeout of the echo requests. A packet is considered lost when no echo response is receive within the selected timeout.
- You are done. Click on 'Create' to start the monitoring.